Monday, September 17, 2012

Kobbari Metai / Coconut Burfi

Kobbari Metai / Coconut Burfi:


This is one of my child hood favourites.With the minimal ingredients you can make a very tasty sweet.
This is one of the varieties we make during Ganesha Chaturthi. I used to love to eat them when my mom makes it. Now, after marriage, my FIL makes it even tastier. Got some expert tips from him too.after the last time I made I got the trick of making it

Here you go for the tasty soft, yet crispy, and yummy coconut burfi you need,



Ingredients:
Coconut: 1 cup
Sugar : 1 cup
Dry Nuts : 1/3 cup (optional) (roasted with little ghee)
Ghee : 1 tsp (to grease the plate)
Milk : 3 tspn
Cardamon Powder: 2 tspn

Method:
1) Take a broad kadai / pan, add sugar and coconut and give it a good mix.
2) Now, on low flame, stir them together till the sugar will start melting.
3) Now, add milk (This is to give the burfi a milky white colour) and keep stirring.
4) To this add cardamon powder and continue stirring.
5) Keep stirring till you see that the sugar has reached a stage where once cooled will get solid.
6) Now pour this mixture into a plate greased with ghee and spread it all through.
7) Take a knife and cut these into pieces into shapes and size of your choice. I cut diamonds.
8) Once cool separate the pieces and keep it in air tight container.

I made this for Vinayaka Chaturthi. And last time I made it my Son loved it. And I am sure he will this time too :)

Cheers!
Madhavi

No comments:

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected